To Our Guests
We at the Sunset Inn feel privileged that you are considering to stay at our hotel when traveling to Monterey/Pacific Grove. To slow the spread of COVID-19, Monterey County Health Officer implemented a Regional Stay at Home Order that allows guests to stay overnight for essential travel only. This order will commence at 10 p.m. on Sunday, December 13, 2020, and will remain in effect until 6 a.m. on Monday, January 11, 2021.
When any California region is under a Regional Stay Home Order, no hotel or lodging entity in California can accept or honor out of state reservations for non-essential travel, unless the reservation is for at least the minimum period required for quarantine and the persons identified in the reservation will quarantine in the hotel or lodging entity until after that period has expired. Additionally, hotels and lodging entities in a county under a Regional Stay Home Order cannot accept or honor in-state reservations for non-essential travel.
Hotels are considered an essential business and vital to the community. Travel is considered essential if you are:
- Essential Workers or Those Traveling to/from Essential Work such as First Responders, Healthcare Workers,
- Food and Agriculture, Energy. Please visit this link to review all those considered Essential Workers.
- People Who Need to Self-Isolate or Quarantine
- People Who Cannot Stay in Their Own Home because someone needs to self-isolate/quarantine there
- People Who are in the Area to Care for a Vulnerable Person such as elderly, minors,
Dependent or Persons with Disabilities
We will continue to monitor this situation through local and national health organizations. Our supportive thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19. We are in this together and look forward to when the time is right to welcome you back to Monterey. We are here to answer any questions at (831) 375-3529 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Safety Is Our Primary Concern
We want to assure you that your well-being and safety are our number one priority for our guests, our ambassadors, and our community. We take great pride in delivering the highest standards in cleanliness and hygiene. Our team is well-prepared and specifically trained in protocols to ensure a clean, safe, and healthy environment for you as our guest. Our vigorous program was developed and continues to be refined, based on guidelines from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, the California Hotel & Lodging Association, and the Monterey County Health Authority.
The following outlines the precautionary measures in effect at the hotel to protect against COVID-19 and your well-being. Each department has its own detailed set of procedures which are based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
Throughout The Hotels
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms, and back of the house.
- Extra attention is given to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs, and tableware.
- Additional hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants are available throughout the hotel and are easily accessible by guests and employees.
- Added reminders and signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
- Signs reminding guests of proper social distancing, wearing face masks throughout the hotel
Arrivals And Check-Outs
- We have contactless features like a text messaging service
- Our room keys and pens will be sanitized after each use.
- Pre-registration is encouraged for all guests to avoid the need for touch transactions during check-in and check-out.
- We highly encourage one guest to visit the hotel lobby when checking in their party or family.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the Front Desk to encourage social distancing for guests and staff.
- Virtual check-out via the phone/text message is strongly encouraged.
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are strictly enforced and will include proper separation of personal workspaces for food handlers. Gloves and masks will be worn with all service staff.
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized following health and government guidelines. Special attention will be given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles.
- Housekeeping service is provided before arrival and after check-out only. Additional pillows and blankets are available by request only. No reusable materials are stored in guest rooms. Linens are removed in one-time-use bags upon check-out or request.
- Ongoing internal communication and training with our employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene. Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- The health of our ambassadors is being carefully monitored, including daily screening procedures before the start of their shift.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- A flexible “stay home/stay healthy” schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Staggered employee schedules combined with designated work and break areas for each employee.
- Proper handwashing before delivering any food or item to a guest. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the front and back of the house.
- Protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves a high risk to check with their health care professional before traveling.
- While arriving, departing, or transitioning throughout the property, please wear a mask.
To provide flexibility to our guests with travel plans Sunset Inn is waiving cancellation fees for individual reservations to include full refunds for all Advance Purchase & Non-Refundable reservations directly made with Sunset Inn for stays through December 31, 2020. Reservations booked starting January 1, 2021, through March 31, 2021, may cancel with a full refund provided the reservation is canceled outside 72 hours before the arrival date. For more information, please email us at email@example.com. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies. Please Note: This policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking.
We encourage all guests and staff to take the recommended precautions and please do not travel if you are not feeling well.
Our staff and our guests are like family to us and Monterey/Pacific Grove is our home. The safety of all three is and always will be of utmost importance to us. We will continue to monitor this situation through local and national health organizations. Our supportive thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.